Saturday, July 29, 2023

The Life

‘I am the resurrection and the life. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’
Jn.11:25

In answer to Martha's rebuke for being too late to attend to her dying brother Lazarus, Jesus reveals his ultimate plan not just for Lazarus but for all of us. Even though we die, we will live.

If our faith has anything to say about anything, it has something to say about death. Death does not have the final say, Jesus does. 

I am walking alongside a friend who is dying of cancer. He has a strong faith in Jesus and in life after death. Even though his current walk is pain-filled and terminal, he has a wonderful hope. He knows his death is not the end of his story. It's just the bottom of the title page. His real life story is about to begin.

Thank you Jesus for gaining the victory over death. I believe in you.
Saint Martha, please pray for me.


No comments: