Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Listen to His Voice

The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice;  I know them and they follow me.  I give them eternal life; they will never be lost and no one will ever steal them from me.
Jn.10:27,28

Jesus is responding to the Jews who are demanding He demonstrate who He says He is.  Jesus has already performed miracles before them but their unbelief blinds them and they demand more.  Jesus knows they are already lost and will never be convinced. He defines what they must become to be a follower; a listener to His voice.

Listening to the voice of Jesus can be hard or it can be easy.  It becomes hard for me when the screech and scream of this world overwhelms me.  Being a typical bloke, I am single minded.  If my focus is on a thing of this world then Jesus' voice doesn't get much attention.  However, this trait can work for me.  When my focus is on Jesus; in prayer, at Mass, in adoration, then I do hear Him.  

This quiet time at the start of my day is so precious.  Why? Because I can hear His voice.

Holy Spirit.  It can be hard to get out of bed on these cold mornings.  My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.  Help me Lord enter this quiet time so I may listen to the voice of my Lord.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: