Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good News!

I taught you what I had been taught myself, namely that Christ died for our sins, in accordance with the scriptures; that he was buried; and that he was raised to life on the third day.
1Cor.15:3,4


Saint Paul is writing instruction and guidance to the fledgling church of Corinth.  He reminds them of the essentials of their faith and in so doing gives a pure definition of what the Gospel message is: Christ died for our sins, He was buried and rose again to life on the third day.

I need to be reminded of the simplicity of the Gospel and why it is Good News.  Jesus died for my sins.  Wow!  That means I don't have to die for them.  He was buried.  That means my sins did have an effect on Jesus.  It means He took the full consequence of them, which means I don't have to.  Wow!  Then Jesus rose to life on the third day.  Wow!  That means death has no power over all who follow Him, has no power of me!  Now this is Good News worth proclaiming... today.

Thank you Jesus for paying the price of my sins.  Help me be an authentic witness to Your Gospel today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: