Monday, May 14, 2012

Know my Heart

Having nominated two candidates, Joseph known as Barsabbas, whose surname was Justus, and Matthias, they prayed, ‘Lord, you can read everyone’s heart; show us therefore which of these two you have chosen to take over this ministry and apostolate,'
Acts1:24,25


Today is the feast day of Saint Matthias the Apostle.  The reading from Acts tells how Matthias was selected to replace Judas.  The apostles prayed that Jesus, who knows people's hearts, would guide their selection process which was as simple as casting lots.


The thought that Jesus knows my heart is both unnerving and comforting.  There are things in my heart that even I don't like to face and yet Jesus does.  The comforting thing is that having seen the very worst of me, Jesus still offers me the very best of Himself.

Rather than shaming me, Jesus lifts me up with His love.  This is truly a love I could never earn. It is a love that makes me want to change and have a clean heart.


Create in me a pure heart, O God,  and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: