Thursday, May 24, 2012

Who's Top of the Heap?

Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.  I say to the Lord: ‘You are my God.  O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup; it is you yourself who are my prize.
Ps.16:1,2

King David, a man who has everything the world could offer, turns to God and places Him firmly on top of the heap; "You are my God, my sustenance, my prize".

I am currently taking part in a "Financial Peace University" course by Dave Ramsay.  Basically, it is giving tools and then motivation to use those tools to tame our finances.  It's made me realise what a huge incursion of "worldliness" into my life that money can be.  Taming money knocks it off it's deity-podium that it has placed itself and allows me to put God back up there... on top of the heap.

Lord Jesus, give the discipline and motivation to tackle our budget and savings.  Help me, with Kate, make a financial plan and stick to it.  You, Lord Jesus, are my portion and my cup.  I place my hope in You.
Saint Matthew, patron saint of finances, pray for us.

No comments: