Saturday, May 12, 2012

Shout Serve Know

Cry out with joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Serve the Lord with gladness.  Come before him, singing for joy.  Know that he, the Lord, is God.
Ps.100:1,3

Today's first reading has Paul and Timothy being led on their missionary trip step by step by the Holy Spirit.  The Gospel has Jesus forewarning the Disciples of persecution and hatred from the world because of His name.

In both scenarios people's lives (Paul, Timothy, the disciples) are being radically and irreversibly changed because of their following Jesus.  Psalm 100 gives the beautiful blue-print to the life committed to Jesus; Shout with joy, serve with gladness, know He is God.  These are the hallmarks that follow a believer.  Do I shout, serve and know?

Lord Jesus, You are the source of my joy, irrespective of my circumstances.  Show me how to best serve You.  Help me to know You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: