Friday, September 23, 2011

Raised Up

‘The Son of Man’ he said ‘is destined to suffer grievously, to be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes and to be put to death, and to be raised up on the third day.’
Lk.9:22


Jesus has been praying privately with His disciples.  Peter, under divine inspiration, has just revealed who Jesus is; "The Christ of God".  Jesus takes it a step further.  He reveals the whole game plan.  It involves suffering, death and finally, resurrection.

I sometimes lose sight of the fact that behind the cross is the resurrection.  Actually, it is the resurrection that makes sense of the cross.   It is the resurrection that makes sense of the crosses I have to bare in my day to day living.  It is the resurrection makes sense of my eventual dieing.

Today I remind myself that I am an Easter person.   Behind every crucifix I see I will also notice the empty tomb with the stone rolled away.  Alleluia, He is risen indeed!

Thank you Lord Jesus that You suffered, died and rose again. to show me the way home.  My suffering and death will lead to my resurrection to be with You.  Alleluia.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: