Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Free Indeed

He has overridden the Law, and cancelled every record of the debt that we had to pay; he has done away with it by nailing it to the cross; and so he got rid of the Sovereignties and the Powers, and paraded them in public, behind him in his triumphal procession.
Col.2:14,15


Saint Paul writes to the Colossians while imprisoned in Rome.  He writes to counter the Colossian's growing belief in celestial and cosmic powers.  Saint Paul reminds them, and me, that Jesus is above every sovereignty and power and that He alone has won the victory for me by His death on the Cross.

Saint Paul has a great way of cutting through the fuzz.  It's all about Jesus and what He has done for me.  Being reminded that I am freed from the debt of my sins is such a glorious way to start his day.  I truly am a free man and that can never be taken away from me.  Thank you Lord Jesus!

Jesus, You are Lord of all.  I can never stop praising You for the freedom You have won for me.  Jesus I trust in You.
Saint Paul, please pray for me.

No comments: