Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hear and Do

He was told, ‘Your mother and brothers are standing outside and want to see you’ But he said in answer, ‘My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice.’
Lk.8:20,21


A great crowd is following Jesus, so great that Mary His mother and his family can't get near Him. Jesus uses the opportunity to explain what it takes to be a close follower.  It takes more than just standing close to Him.

Here Jesus outlines how to be part of the family of God.  I must not only hear the world of God but do the word of God.   Hearing takes practice.  Doing takes conviction. 

Lord Jesus, help me have the discipline to be still enough to hear You. Convict my heart for me to then put Your words into practice.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: