Thursday, September 29, 2011

Greater Things

'You will see greater things than that.’ And then he added ‘I tell you most solemnly, you will see heaven laid open and, above the Son of Man, the angels of God ascending and descending.’
Jn.1:50,51


Jesus has just prophesied over Phillip, who is amazed.  Jesus then goes on to tell Phillip there are far greater things to look forward to, things to come that are not of this world, things that are supernatural and eternal.

I need to be reminded of the supernatural and eternal goal of my religion.  I get so absorbed by the here and now.  There is going to be an end to time as I understand it.  There will be an opening of the book of my life.  I will see heaven laid open and angels ascending and descending.  There are greater things...

Lord Jesus, You show me the way to the greater things than this life has to offer.  I keep my focus on You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: