Wednesday, July 13, 2011

God is With Me

Moses said to God, ‘Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?’ ‘I shall be with you,’ was the answer. ‘and this is the sign by which you shall know that it is I who have sent you... After you have led the people out of Egypt, you are to offer worship to God on this mountain.’
Ex.3.11,12


Moses is being given his assignment from God who speaks to him from the burning bush.  It's the major turning point in his Moses' life where he changes from a shepherd in the wilderness to a leader of a nation.  He is as stunned by the revelation as anyone and questions God. "Who am I...?"  God answers, "You are right, you are nobody, but I shall be with you...".

It was the God factor in Moses' life that made all the difference.  The nobody shepherd was transformed into the great leader God intended.  This begs the question, "Who am I?"  The answer from God  is the same, "By yourself, nobody.  But with me anything is possible". 

Lord Jesus, I know you have great plans for me, but my fears and insecurities limit those plans.  Help me truly know that You are the God who is always with me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: