Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Son of the Father

Jesus answered and said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, a son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees his father doing; for what he does, his son will do also.
Jn.5:19

The Jewish leaders are starting to persecute Jesus because of His growing popularity.  Instead of backing down, Jesus asserts more strongly who He truly is - the Son of God the Father.

In proclaiming His sonship Jesus declares a universal and timeless truth;  "...a son cannot do anything on his own, but only what he sees his father doing; for what he does, his son will do also."  This both frightens me and gives me hope when I ask what role-model I am setting for my son, for my daughters.  Parents and especially fathers have a huge influence on the character of their children.  Children are born with their personalities but their character comes from the environment in which they are raised.  What I do more than what I say is the influencing factor. Lord help me be a doer of The Word.

Father in heaven, You have the perfect Son in our Lord Jesus.  Help me be a great father to the children You have given me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: