Saturday, April 9, 2011

Loins and Heart

But you, the Lord of Hosts, who pronounce a just sentence,
who probe the loins and heart,
let me see the vengeance you will take on them,
for I have committed my cause to you.
Jm.11:20


Jeremiah has just discovered there is a plot to do away with him as his prophesies are unpopular.  In many ways the persecution of Jeremiah prefigures the persecution of Jesus.  The greater the pressure becomes, like Jesus, the more Jeremiah presses into God trusting in His protection and His final judgement.

I find this verse unsettling.  Probing the loins and the heart gets to the root of two places in me where sin can try to hide.  Nothing about me is unknown to God.  Yet in a strange way this gives me great comfort also.  While knowing my sins, God loves me still.  Nothing separates me from His love shown by His Son Jesus.  Satan points to the sins of my loins and heart and says, "see what a scum bag you are?"  God points to all of me and says, "see how much I love you?"  My sins catapult me into His arms, today...

Thank you Father that you love me so much that you throw me a rescue line from my sin.  Jesus, I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: