Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Free Indeed

Jesus said: ‘If you make my word your home you will indeed be my disciples, you will learn the truth and the truth will make you free. I tell you most solemnly, everyone who commits sin is a slave. Now the slave’s place in the house is not assured, but the son’s place is assured. So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.
Jn.8:31-36


The Pharisees are disputing everything that Jesus now says.  Their deafness increases with every discourse, to the point where they refute everything Jesus says simply because He said it.  The irony is that Jesus is telling them the very thing that they desire; the way to total freedom.

There is a truth here for me also, to meet my desire for freedom. ‘If you make my word your home you, you will learn the truth and the truth will make you free'.  My daily devotional time reading God's Word is not just a pious discipline, its the way to freedom.  This is the way I become His disciple, today.

Lord Jesus, help me make Your Word my home that I may set free indeed!
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: