Sunday, April 10, 2011

He will Live

Jesus said: ‘I am the resurrection. If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’
Jn.11:25,26


Jesus is addressing Martha, the sister of Lazarus who has just died.  Jesus has deliberately set the stage for what was to be His last great miracle of calling Lazarus back from the dead.  This prefigures what is about to happen to Jesus himself in His passion, death and resurrection. The whole event is recorded in detail in John's Gospel and most dramatically demonstrates what Jesus has come to do... offer eternal life.

This verse is the source of my hope and joy in Jesus.  No other thing can offer me what Jesus offers me; life with Him forever.  This puts everything in perspective, my joys and struggles here on earth, why I want others to meet Jesus with me, where my real home is.  This gives ultimate meaning to my day, to this day...

Yes Lord Jesus, I believe!  You are my way, my truth, my life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: