Thursday, April 21, 2011

Follow the King of Fools

‘Do you understand’ he said ‘what I have done to you? You call me Master and Lord, and rightly; so I am. If I, then, the Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you should wash each others feet. I have given you an example so that you may copy what I have done to you.’
Jn.13:12-15


Jesus is about to die and He knows it.  He would have thought carefully about what He would do with the little time He had left.   Instead of  giving great theological discourses He gave the Church two simple but profound examples to embrace; servant-hood to love others and Holy Mass to proclaim His death.  When these two things are authentically followed, our religion towers above all others.

Servant-hood has always been a struggle for for selfish me and proclaiming His death is seen as madness by the world.  And yet, this is what Jesus has called me to do. Today I re-aline myself with the Servant King, the King of Fools who literally loved me to death.

Lord Jesus, You are my Servant King.  Thank you for washing me clean. Help me follow Your example.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

 

No comments: