Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gladness and Joy

The LORD shall ransom Jacob, he shall redeem him from the hand of his conqueror. ...Then the virgins shall make merry and dance, and young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into joy, I will console and gladden them after their sorrows.
Jer.31:11,13

Today the Church sings the canticle of Jeremiah.  We are given a foretaste of Easter.  Yes, we still have to travel the Passion and Death of Holy Week, but the resurrection is coming!

Holy Week is a time for me to really absorb in a deep way what it actually is that Jesus has gained for me on the Cross.  When I really appreciate that, then my natural response is gladness and joy.

Thank you Jesus that You have redeemed me from the conqueror.  You are the source of my Joy and Gladness today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: