Friday, April 8, 2011

Fatal Blindness

...their malice makes them blind. They do not know the hidden things of God, they have no hope that holiness will be rewarded, they can see no reward for blameless souls.
Ws.2:22


All of today's readings hint to the closing noose around Jesus' neck. The Gospel of John states the only reason Jesus wasn't captured and killed is that "His time had not yet come".  Jesus has become intolerable to those in authority and so His fate was sealed.

I often wonder at how the Pharisees and Scribes missed God so completely.  The final verse from the Book of Wisdom gives both a hint and a warning. "...their malice made them blind".   There is something totally debiliting about evil.  It is completely self-centered and separates one from the rest of humanity.  It is why a burglar can break into a home a steal a child's toys.  Lord spare me from malice.

Lord Jesus, You knew no malice.  Help me keep hatred from my heart.  Keep me soft towards my brothers and sisters that my soul may be blameless.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: