Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Obsess on Others

You are God’s chosen race, his saints; he loves you, and you should be clothed in sincere compassion, in kindness and humility, gentleness and patience. 
Col.3:12

Saint Paul instructs the Church at Colossae in the type of life they are to live as believers. Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience are the believer's hallmarks.

The virtues listed by Paul are contrary to the strength, aggression and hedonism lauded by the world. Yet, they are what we all hunger for. If I want a world of kindness and patience where people are more inclined to compassion and humility, then let it start with me.

Jesus, you know my grasping self centeredness. Forgive me Lord and help turn my obsessions off myself and onto others.
Saint Mary of the Cross, please pray for me.



No comments: