Sunday, October 16, 2022

Yes No Not Yet

Now will not God see justice done to his chosen who cry to him day and night even when he delays to help them? I promise you, he will see justice done to them, and done speedily. 
Lk.18:7,8

Jesus has just told his parable of the persistent widow, underscoring his promise that persistence in prayer will always bear fruit.

I have a daily prayer list with names of people who have been on the list for years, my prayers as yet unanswered. I've heard it described there can be three types of answers to prayer from God... yes, no or not yet. The Yes's" are easy to recognise. The "no's"  can be harder to accept. The main thing is to keep praying for the "not yets". 

Jesus, I know all authentic prayer is heard by you. I trust that at the right time you will give the right response.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: