Thursday, October 20, 2022

Become His Love

 Out of his infinite glory, may he give you the power through his Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.
Eph.3:16-19

Paul prays for the Ephesians and indeed for all the Universal Church, for me... to be so filled with the Holy Spirit that the love of Christ completely possesses me.

This is the ultimate blessing, to call on a person the utter fullness of God. It's a blessing I call over my wife and children. It's a blessing I wish for all of my grandchildren , for Alpha Course guests and hosts, for my parish and local Church.

Lord Jesus, I ask that my hidden self may grow strong so that I know your love and become your love... starting today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: