Saturday, October 22, 2022

Review Regret Repent

Or those eighteen on whom the tower at Siloam fell and killed them? Do you suppose that they were more guilty than all the other people living in Jerusalem? They were not, I tell you. No; but unless you repent you will all perish as they did.
Lk.13:4,5

Jesus twice refers to contemporary calamities claiming the lives of innocents, people slaughtered by Herod while in the act of worship and bystanders killed under a collapsed tower. Despite their innocence the people had perished and Jesus says so will we unless we repent.

Repentance... reviewing and regretting past wrongs. Jesus presents repentance as the key to life that every one of us needs, that I need. I have sinned and have followed my own path.  The Church helps me here. It's time for the confessional...

Thank you Jesus for offering the key to fullness of life through repentance. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: