Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Faith felt through Love

Christians are told by the Spirit to look to faith for those rewards that righteousness hopes for, since in Christ Jesus whether you are circumcised or not makes no difference – what matters is faith that makes its power felt through love.
Gal.5:5,6

Paul exhorts the Galatian Church not to waste time trying to be made righteous through the Law which is slavery. Faith in Jesus alone is the key to righteousness, shown by its power of love. 

We're all little lawyers which is what makes the Law so attractive. Everything is so neat and black and white. People either measure up or they don't. The problem is the Law excludes love, which excludes mercy, grace, forgiveness... which excludes God. 

I've got to kill that little lawyer within me and stir my faith in the God of grace, mercy and forgiveness. Then love naturally flows... in power. 

Jesus, you alone are the antidote to my slavery to the Law. Let my faith in you make its power felt through love.
Saint Paul, please pray for me.


No comments: