Thursday, October 6, 2022

Ask Seek Knock

What father among you would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? Or hand him a snake instead of a fish? Or hand him a scorpion if he asked for an egg? If you then, who are evil, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!’
Lk:11:11-13

Jesus is encouraging his disciples to take the initiative and simply ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Our Father in heaven will definitely respond.

This particular scripture has been on my heart lately as we lead up to our Alpha Course Away Day. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman, not forcing himself on anyone. But when we ask, seek, knock... he rushes in. Why do I need a fresh infilling of the Holy Spirit? To lead and guide me into an ever more intimate relationship with Jesus.

Veni Sancte Spiritus. Come Holy Spirit. Fill me with your presence and power that I may love Jesus more.
Saint Paul, please pray for me.


No comments: