Friday, October 7, 2022

I Lift, He Draws

Alleluia, alleluia! 
The prince of this world will now be cast out, 
and when I am lifted up from the earth 
I will draw all to myself, says the Lord. 
Alleluia!
Jn12:31-32

Today's Gospel Acclamation quotes Jesus predicting his death by crucifixion and the benefit it will provide, the drawing all mankind to himself.

This scripture reminds me of my mission... to lift Jesus up. He does the drawing in people's hearts. I just do the lifting.

Tomorrow is our Alpha Away Day, a time where the Holy Spirit is invited into people's lives. With the Holy Spirit in, the prince of this world is cast out and Jesus is lifted up. Alleluia!

Veni Sancte Spiritus. Come Holy Spirit and help me lift Jesus up so all may be drawn to him.
Saint John, please pray for us.

No comments: