Friday, January 22, 2021

Faithfulness and Peace

Mercy and faithfulness have met; justice and peace have embraced. Faithfulness shall spring from the earth and justice look down from heaven.
Ps.84:10,11
The psalmist describes the relationship between God and man. God's mercy and justice embraces man's faithfulness and peace.

Reading this psalm brings to mind Michelangelo's famous Sistine Chapel image of man and God's fingers at the point of touching. The reclining and newly created Adam, unsullied yet by sin, looks a man of faith and peace.

Today I choose to be a man of faith and peace, placing myself in a position to receive God's mercy and justice.

 Lord, I trust in your mercy and justice. Help me today be a man of faithfulness and peace.
 Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: