Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Anchor for Our Soul

Here we have an anchor for our soul, as sure as it is firm, and reaching right through beyond the veil where Jesus has entered before us and on our behalf.
Heb.6:19,20
The writer of Hebrews is underscoring the certainty of God's promise, that our hope of eternal life rests on the bedrock of his promise as revealed in Jesus.

Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes, a quote made famous by Benjamin Franklin but refuted here in Hebrews. God's promise is even more certain. In a world in the grip of a pandemic, nothing seems certain. But "here we have an anchor for our soul". This certainty gives stability to my day. I may not know what tomorrow may bring but Jesus does. That is enough for me to step boldly out into today.

Thank you Jesus that you have stepped through the veil of death to establish my sure hope of heaven. I place my trust in you.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: