Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Power from on High

‘Here is a teaching that is new’ they said ‘and with authority behind it: he gives orders even to unclean spirits and they obey him.’
Mk.1:27
Jesus has just delivered a man of an unclean spirit in front of a synagogue of witnesses. The people are amazed and in awe of this display of authority.

Jesus' teaching was new and had power. This freshness of teaching and the power behind it is still available to me today. It was given to me when I received the Holy Spirit in the sacraments and in my personal baptism in the Spirit. I've been given this Good News and power from on high not just for myself but to share with others. Today there will be opportunities...

Jesus, it's not recorded anywhere that you refused help when people asked. Help me be as open to people you place in my life today.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.

No comments: