Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Pure Religion

When the day came for them to be purified as laid down by the Law of Moses, the parents of Jesus took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord, – observing what stands written in the Law of the Lord:
Lk.2:22,23
Mary and Joseph, following Jewish law and custom, present baby Jesus at the Temple where the prophesies of Simeon and Anna are spoken over him.

This is pure religion and Jesus' earthly life was steeped in it. He was raised first and foremost a Jew. This sets the pattern for all human life. Pure religion is a gift that doesn't shackle, it nurtures a life into growing into the fullness that God has planned for it.

My Catholic religion is part of who I am today. It is the lens by which I view the world, helping me see the way to fulness of life and Joy.

Thank you Jesus for your headship of the Church and headship over me. 
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.



 

No comments: