Monday, January 18, 2021

New Wine Fresh Skins

No! New wine, fresh skins!
Mk.2:22
Some people have asked Jesus why his disciples are not fasting when John's disciples do so. Jesus infers his disciples are following a new and superior way where a time for fasting will come but presently it is not that time.

New wine, fresh skins. This is Jesus' game plan for both then and now. This is what makes our Christian faith so fresh and alive. It is always new. The Good News is always new to those who have not previously received it. Our Alpha Course has this appeal. It is new wine in a fresh skin for those guests who are unchurched. 

My life should be a fresh witness to the new wine of the Gospel today...

Jesus, you are the new wine in my life. Help me be a fresh skin to carry you into my day.
Saint Philip Neri, please pray for me.


No comments: