Thursday, July 2, 2020

A Short Account.

Then some people appeared, bringing him a paralytic stretched out on a bed. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘Courage, my child, your sins are forgiven.’Mt.9:2

Jesus is approached by some people carrying a paralytic. The faith of the paralytic's friends prompts Jesus to first forgive his sins and then heal his paralysis.

The order in which this event unfolded says something. First the paralytic's sins were forgiven. It appears Jesus was happy to leave it at that before healing the paralytic's paralysis to demonstrate his authority to forgive sins. The man's sinfulness was of more concern to Jesus than his paralysis.

Sinfulness is an eternal paralysis. I need to have Jesus' order of priority in my life. Work on removing the sin before spending time on my physical disabilities. Keep a short account with God on the sin ledger. Thank God for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

Come Holy Spirit, convict me of my sinfulness, heal me of my affliction.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: