Thursday, July 16, 2020

Light and Easy

Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest.Mt.11:28

Jesus extends his offer of peace and rest to all people who are overburdened and tired.

This is indeed Good News for who among us has not a need for rest and peace. The world places burdens on my shoulders I should not be carrying alone. Just to earn to have food on my family's table and a roof over our heads requires constant effort.

Jesus reminds me that much of the burden I pick up and carry is of my own making. Some of it is my lot to carry as a husband, a father. But Jesus says here these burdens should be light. Allowing him to lift off the heavy burdens sets me free, lightens my step, gives me energy to do the work I'm meant to do.

Thank you Jesus for offering to carry my burdens. Lord, I exchange them now for your light and easy yoke.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: