Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Relevant and Reliable

‘Save us, Lord, we are going down!’ And he said to them, ‘Why are you so frightened, you men of little faith?’ And with that he stood up and rebuked the winds and the sea; and all was calm again.
Mt.8:25,26

The disciples and Jesus are in a boat when a storm suddenly strikes. The fearful disciples wake Jesus who had been asleep. Jesus rebukes the disciples then rebukes the storm and all is calm.

This story reveals both the humanity and the divinity of Jesus. His humanity is shown in his tiredness and need of sleep. His divinity is shown in his authority over the storm. His humanity makes him approachable, his divinity makes him reliable. This is the one I follow, both man and God.

Jesus, you are relevant in your humanity and reliable in your divinity. In the storms of my life I place my trust in you. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: