Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Faith Love Joy

Out of his infinite glory, may he give you the power through his Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith.Eph.3:16,17

Saint Paul prays for the Ephesian Church, and for me, that a strong faith will lead to an enduring knowledge of the love of Christ.

Before my conversion I recall being drawn to Christians who had that special something about them, a sense of peace and joy. It wasn't until I stepped out in faith that came to realise it was the knowledge they had that they were loved by God.

Faith is a gift so hard to receive for the adult non-believer. It can be perceived as weakness, a crutch. Well, what does a crutch do? It gives you strength, it helps you walk, it gives you a fuller life. But faith is so much more. It is the wellspring of a joyful life of the beloved. It is mine today....

Jesus, thank you for loving me. Help me help others into a knowledge of the utter fullness of your love.
Saint Bonaventure, please pray for me.

No comments: