Thursday, January 2, 2020

Prepare the Way for The Way

What have you to say about yourself?’ So John said, ‘I am, as Isaiah prophesied: a voice that cries in the wilderness: Make a straight way for the Lord.Jn.1:2,23
John the Baptist is interrogated by Jewish leaders to try and identify him. He denies he is anyone but a voice.

John's voice gave a simple, clear message. Prepare the way for the coming of the Lord. It may be simple but it's profound. It is a call to action and an action that means change. A call to prepare the way means the way is not yet prepared. I don't like change. It can be risky, take me out of my comfort zone.

I need to trust Jesus more, trust that his plans for me are good, trust that he loves me and wants the best for me... the best for me today.

Jesus, I want to be prepared for you. I do believe in your love for me. Help me in my unbelief.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: