Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Know Jesus Know God

No one has ever seen God; it is the only Son, who is nearest to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.
Jn.1:18
John starts his gospel describing the divinity and the humanity of Jesus. He makes the great Christian claim that God can only be known through his son Jesus Christ.

This is the great Christian theme that sets us apart from all other religions. God can only be known through Jesus Christ. Jesus said this himself. "If you really know me, you will know my Father as well." Jn.14:7

This is what motivates me to spend time with Jesus, what motivates me to tell others about Jesus. Know Jesus, know God, know peace, know joy.

Today is the last of 2019. Tomorrow a new year starts, a year to get to know Jesus better, a year to tell more about him.

Jesus, I only see you dimly. Help me know you better so I may tell others about you with more zeal. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: