Saturday, January 25, 2020

My Story

‘I was on that journey and nearly at Damascus when about midday a bright light from heaven suddenly shone round me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” I answered: Who are you, Lord? and he said to me, “I am Jesus the Nazarene, and you are persecuting me.”
Acts 22:6-8
Saint Paul has been arrested and gives a testimony of his conversion to the crowd. They are captivated until he says the message is for all men, Jews and Gentiles. They then want to kill him.

Everyone loves a story and the best of stories are those that tell of dramatic change, of conversion. Christian conversion tends to be dramatic. It was in my own case. Yet the story is simple.  Me before Jesus. Me encountering Jesus. Me now with Jesus.

It's good to keep my story fresh, to be ready to tell it to those who ask. Maybe I'll have to tell it today...

Jesus, you are my story. Help me be ready to tell it when the time is right.
Saint Paul, please pray for me. 

No comments: