Monday, January 27, 2020

Come Holy Spirit

‘I tell you solemnly, all men’s sins will be forgiven, and all their blasphemies; but let anyone blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and he will never have forgiveness: he is guilty of an eternal sin.’ This was because they were saying, ‘An unclean spirit is in him.’Mk.3:28-30

Teachers of the Law were trying to discredit Jesus, saying he was possessed by the devil. Jesus refutes them and then condemns them guilty of an unforgivable sin, of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

This has good news, a warning and an encouragement for me. It's good news that my general blasphemies of unbelief when I was an atheist are forgivable. It's a warning not to belittle the Holy spirit to anything less than third person of the Holy Trinity. It's an encouragement to be filled with the Holy Spirit as Jesus was.

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.




No comments: