Thursday, November 28, 2019

Stand Up and Lift Your Head

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand.Lk.21:27,28

Jesus tells his disciples what the true signs of the end of time will look like. When nations are struck with fear at these signs Jesus tells believers to stand with confidence to receive their liberation.

The new year of the Church starts with the first day of Advent on Sunday. At the closing of this year the Church's focus is firmly on end times. Like gravity, the end of time is something we are all going to face, alive or dead. How I face it is up to me.

This morning is a beautiful spring morning in my part of the world. As stunning as the view out my window is, it is a poor shadow of the glory yet to come for those among whom I count myself... for believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

My natural stance in life is to keep end times always in view. Today I can stand up and lift my head for my redemption draws near...

Lord Jesus, my Redeemer, you give us the signs but we know not the hour or the day when you shall return. I stand up and look for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: