Friday, November 8, 2019

Clean Heart Clean Hands

Who shall climb the mountain of the Lord? Who shall stand in his holy place? The man with clean hands and pure heart, who desires not worthless things.Ps.23:3,4

David defines the man who seeks God and may approach him. A man with clean hands and a pure heart receives reward from God,

Hands can inflict harm, can get dirty. The heart is where the desire for dirt is birthed. King David was a man who knew what it was like to have unclean hands and an impure heart. An adulterer and murderer, David had been as far away from God as it is possible to go. Yet he is described as one after God's own heart.

David's repentance must be a key to this. Repentance cleaned his hands and purified his heart. What dirt is on my hands? What dirt in my heart has led to this? Lust, greed, pride... it's all there. Time for a spring cleaning of my heart. Clean hands will follow...

Forgive me Lord. I am a sinful man.
All you saints in heaven, please pray for me.

No comments: