Monday, November 18, 2019

Oxygen

‘What do you want me to do for you?’ ‘Sir,’ he replied ‘let me see again.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Receive your sight. Your faith has saved you.’ And instantly his sight returned...Lk.18:41-43

A blind man persistently shouts out to Jesus, despite bystanders telling him to be quite. Jesus stops and asks the man what he wants. The blind man states the obvious and is healed of his blindness.

Jesus' question to the blind man always strikes me as strange. The blind man's need is patently obvious yet Jesus still asks. The blind man knew his need and knew where his need could be met. It seems Jesus wanted the man to exercise his faith.

"Sir, let me see again". These five words revealed faith and wherever there is faith Jesus can perform miracles. Faith is like oxygen to him. My faith, when exercised expectantly like the blind man, can open the door to miracles.

Jesus, all things are possible for you. Increase my faith that my prayer may open the door to miracles, for your glory.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: