Saturday, November 23, 2019

Let Joy be My Answer

...those who are judged worthy of a place in the other world and in the resurrection from the dead do not marry because they can no longer die, for they are the same as the angels, and being children of the resurrection they are sons of God.

L20:35,36

Jesus answers the question about the resurrection the Sadducees have asked, trying to trap him. Jesus' answer describes clearly the promise of a resurrected life for those judged worthy.

Wow! Being the same as angels and a son of God. What a promise. Why would anyone refuse this? Yet, people do refuse it. "Nice for you but no thanks". We can't be representing the promise clearly enough.

One way I can witness to the promise of a resurrected life is through joy. Joy is attractive and begs the question, "Why are you so joyful?" Today let joy be my hallmark and let me be ready with the reason why.

Thank you Jesus for the sure hope of a resurrected life with you. Let me be a joyful witness for you today.
Saint Philip Neri, patron saint of joy, pray for me.


No comments: