Thursday, September 20, 2018

Forgiven Much - Love Much

'For this reason I tell you that her sins, her many sins, must have been forgiven her, or she would not have shown such great love. It is the man who is forgiven little who shows little love.’
Lk.7.47

Jesus is sitting at the table of Simon the Pharisee when he is showered with loving attention by a woman of "bad name". Simon judges both Jesus and the woman. Jesus receives the woman's love as a sign of forgiveness received. In contrast, Simon's mean spirited judgement is taken as a sign of forgiveness not sought.

Love is the fruit of forgiveness. If I want to be a great lover I must first seek and receive forgiveness. For it is forgiveness that fuels up my love tank. It's time I went to confession.

Lord Jesus, you are the source of my forgiveness and joy. 
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: