Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Divine Reading

‘Your mother and brothers are standing outside and want to see you.’ But he said in answer, ‘My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice.’
Lk.8:21

Mary and Jesus' family are wanting to see him, but the crowd is so great they cannot reach him in the house. On hearing this Jesus creates a teaching from the moment. He says those who listen to God and then act on it are the family of God.

This word is in season for me. I am about to lead a workshop on Scripture Journaling, Lectio Divina. The goal of Scripture Journaling is to hear God through his word, through scripture, and then act on what I hear.

Thank you Lord for confirming the power of "divine reading" of your word in scripture. Help me Lord be an effective teacher of Scripture Journaling this weekend.

Saint Oregan, pray for me.

No comments: