Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Raised Up!

'Yes, it is my Father’s will that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and that I shall raise him up on the last day.’
Jn.6:40


Jesus is giving His great discourse recorded in John chapter 6 on His eternal purpose (Life everlasting for all believers) and how He is to help His followers get there (His Body and Blood).  Jesus foretells His victory over the great enemy, death, and promises this victory for all who believe in Him.

For me this is the "G" in the Good News of Jesus.  According to Jesus, my inevitable death is not the end of my story. Oh no, it's just the beginning and it's the beginning of a story filled with unimaginable joy.  This is the reason for my eternal optimism, why even the worst of days is a day of joy based on this hope. 

I walk into today with that bubbling joy inside of me.  Why?  Because I shall have eternal life and be raised up on the last day.  Alleluia!

Thank you Lord Jesus for this never-ending wellspring of joy that Your Good News gives me.  I place my trust in You.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: