Thursday, May 26, 2011

God is Love

‘As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love.'
Jn.15:9,10


At the Last Supper, Jesus is leaving His disciples the fragrance of who He essentially is... Love.  Jesus reiterates that to know His love is to know the love of the Father.

Jesus bridges the great divide between God the Father and me. God the Father is no longer a distant, imperious God.   I can now say I know the love of God the Father.  The Father's love embraces little children.  The Father's love heals the sick.  The Father's love weeps when I weep.  The Father's love raises people from the dead.  The Father's love forgives my sins.  The Father's love says He is with me always.

I walk into today knowing I am incredibly loved by God the Father.  What a difference that makes to today!

Father in Heaven, thank you for loving me so much that You sent Your one and only Son so that I may believe in Him and have eternal life. Send me Your spirit to help me keep the commandments of Your Son and so remain in Your love.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: