Friday, May 6, 2011

Come Holy Spirit

And so they left the presence of the Sanhedrin glad to have had the honour of suffering humiliation for the sake of the name.  They preached every day both in the Temple and in private houses, and their proclamation of the Good News of Christ Jesus was never interrupted.
Acts.5:40-42

The disciples are before the Sanhedrin, accused of insurrection by preaching in the the name of Jesus.  The Sanhedrin release them, guessing the movement will self-destruct.  The disciples rejoice in their punishment and promptly continue their preaching "uninterrupted".

There was an unstoppable force released within the early church, the power of the Holy Spirit.  What stops my preaching the of the Good News about Jesus?  Absence of the Holy Spirit.

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Fill me with Your power, satisfy my need.
Only You can make me whole,
give me strength and make me grow.
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.

No comments: