Saturday, May 21, 2011

I will Do It

Whatever you ask for in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it.
Jn.14:13,14

It's during Jesus' discourse at the Last Supper and the disciples are starting to feel alarmed at what Jesus is alluding to.  The questions start flowing.  Philip asks to see the Father.  Jesus responds that to see Him is to see the Father. Jesus then goes on to say the remarkable thing that not only do His works testify to this but that also the works of any believer will testify to it. We only need to ask in His name!

I've asked for many things in the name of Jesus.  Some have been given as requested, some have not.  This is always a test of faith, to ask expectantly but accepting whatever the answer is.  Sometimes it's "Yes", sometimes "No" and sometimes "Not yet".  Yet Jesus very clearly says "I will do it". 

The key for me is what Jesus says earlier in verse 14:12 "whoever believes in me...". It's where belief is strong that Jesus works.  Faith tells me that Jesus is true to His word, that He hears every genuine prayer in His name and He will act. Now, whether I see the results of that answered prayer becomes not "If" but "When".  I may have to wait, but my prayer will be answered.

This is a great attitude to approach prayer with, right now...

Thank you Jesus that You are faithful to Your Word, that You do answer prayer in Your name.  Lord, give me the faith to always pray expectantly and with trust in you.
Little Flower please pray for me.

No comments: