Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Triumph of the Cross

Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not be lost but may have eternal life.
Jn3:16

Today is the Feast of the Triumph of the Cross and what a glorious feast of sacred scripture we have in today's readings. In the book of Numbers, the fiery serpent on the standard fashioned by Moses in the desert prefigures Christ on the Cross.  All who look to Him will live.  We then have Saint Paul's powerful proclamation in Philippians on the divinity of Jesus as displayed by His death on the cross. And then the creme da la creme is the most famous passage of the Bible from John's Gospel; God so loved the World...

I live in a world so loved by God that He gave us His most precious sacrifice to offer us life.  He gave ME His most precious sacrifice...   What a difference to everything this makes.  Today I live as a son loved by God.  How do I know this?  The Cross tells me.

Lord Jesus, thank you for dieing for me that I may live They didn't need to nail You to the cross, your love would have held You there.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: