Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lonely-Place Times

 When daylight came he left the house and made his way to a lonely place. 
Lk.4:42

Jesus has just had a busy day at the office.  He has been teaching at the synagogue, healing the sick and casting out demons; all in a day!  What is recorded here in Luke is the first of many times that it is recorded; Jesus went to a lonely place to pray.  Jesus in His humanity needed to recharge His batteries. How?  By going to a place of no distraction and communing with His Father.

There is a great lesson here for all believers... for me. The lonely place times times with God are not just a nice idea, they are essential.  By definition the world will overwhelm me if I don't regularly turn my back on it and turn to my God.  Jesus knew this and so was constantly seeking that lonely place.  He would then come back, roll His sleeves up and go on fighting for God's Kingdom on earth.  My lonely place is precious and I choose to inculcate it into my daily living.

Lord Jesus.  Your lonely-place times kept you going.  Help me remember to give you that time in my business.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: